Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Side Show Status

  As I was struggling to wake up this morning, a very interesting press conference interrupted the usual Today Show banter about Royal Weddings or You Tube videos. President Obama stepped to the podium to let the world know that he was born in Hawaii (one of the United States of America). I'm sure Trump will take credit for this. Either way he's still a "side show", but even I find a good side show entertaining.

  That's all fine and good, but I was more pleased to hear the Prez say what I've been yelling at my television for I don't know how long. With all the issues going on in the world right now, why does the American media get so caught up in trivial things? If I want to see a You Tube video of a baby laughing, I will go to You Tube and type that into the search bar. I don't care about the proper way to have tea with the Queen of England. I want to know if there's a credible threat to my safety roaming the streets. I want to know why ten dollars in gas is just enough to get from the gas station to home. Is anyone doing anything to try to change that? Is there hope? And if not? Fine. At least give me a heads up instead of pushing The Royal Wedding in my face every morning for the past two months for hours on end.

  I get tired of having to read the real news scroll across the bottom of the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment