Monday, March 21, 2011

This is how the world ends...

This is my first blog. I plan on using it as a place to voice my opinions and comments. I also hope to see other people's thoughts and viewpoints on the topics I talk about here. Sometimes Facebook threads are too small to contain it all and go as in depth as I would like.
The developments in North Africa and the crisis in Japan have sparked some good conversations lately, but I also like to talk about things going on locally.
I would like to start out by saying that I am not a Democrat or a Republican. Nor am I "liberal" or "conservative". I love guns and really don't care if gays can get married or not. I don't look at things from a political view, but as an observer. There are some issues I feel strongly about and that creates the problem of having some people try to plant a label on me.

I always thought that Afghanistan/Pakistan is a war the US needed to be in and we should have left Iraq alone.

I think Libya will now become a ground war involving the US in some measure as well as our European allies.

My March Madness bracket got demolished last night as Notre Dame played basketball as well as a pile of dead slugs.

I think Mary Fallin isn't going to do anything impressive in her term as governor of Oklahoma.

I think Obama had a good message during his campaign, but the more he tries to be like Bill Clinton, the more he turns into Jimmy Carter.    

These are just a few things I think someone reading this blog should know about my point of view. I don't claim to be "fair and balanced" because no one is. Every one has some experience in their life that shapes their views.

Besides that I will probably also talk about sports, books, movies, the entertainment world and just about anything else here.

So, that's about it for now.

Also, if anyone reading this wants to share a news article or viewpoint, feel free to email me at: sly.alley83@gmail.com

Thanks for reading

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Can't wait to see what else you write about.

    ReplyDelete